This week we launched a new e-newsletter to bring you all the latest happenings from the AWAWS membership. We hope to bring you a newsletter update every two months. If you havent got yours please check your spam and then send us an email email@example.com
We are recruiting!
AWAWS as a group is committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone, with a particular focus on supporting minority and underrepresented groups and individuals. We aim to support diversity both within AWAWS and within ancient world studies as whole, including diversity in culture, language, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, and religion. This role will help further support these aims.
The Diversity Officer will:
- help foster diversity and intersectional awareness
- liaise and affiliate with other groups (including passing along intersectional material of interest to be shared on social media by our web officers)
- advise on diversity presentation questions or code of conduct issues relevant to diversity should they arise.
Local Chapters representative
The aim of this role is to help streamline communication between the executive and the local chapters, to ensure events are well publicized, and to provide further support to Local Chapter Heads.
The Local Chapters representative will:
- liaise with local chapters about events, marketing, and funding opportunities
- liaise with web officers to ensure events are promoted to our membership
- raise any issues or challenges faced by local chapters in the Monthly executive meetings.
To nominate for one of these roles please email your expression of interest to the executive committee on firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions of interest will be accepted until 15 September 2021, with an election window (if required) of 20-24 September, 2021.
About this page
Find all of our latest news and announcements including upcoming events, new research and local chapter updates.